[keycloak-user] Redirect URL is coming empty while hitting the application url for Keycloak SAML

Pulkit Gupta pulgupta at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 10:24:45 EDT 2016

Hi All,

To give a background, I am using keycloak in one of my project where we
have a java application to be enabled with Keyclaok SAML.

I went through the documentation and configured my application web.xml to
use the auth method as KEYCLOAK-SAML. I also added keycloak_saml.xml file
in my WEB-INF folder. In my web.xml I also have the servlet
security-constraint and security-role set. Also Just to point out I am
using a URI in my SP entityId for example /wapps/myapp.

When I am testing my application I am getting invalid redirect URI. This is
even before the keycloak server is asking for any credentials. When I look
into the response data it seems that the redirect URI is empty in the
response I am getting.

Can anyone please guide me where I can look for this issue. I do not think
it is a bug but its just that even after following the official
documentation I am still not able to make my application SAML enabled.

Additional details : OS : RHEL
                            Application Server  : JBOSS EAP6
                            Language : Java 7
I am not too sure about the keycloak server version.

Please let me know in case any additional information is required.

--
Thanks,
Pulkit