[keycloak-user] Adapter Token Verification

Король Илья llivezking at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:19:13 EDT 2017

Hi. As far is i understanded adapters workflow, adapter wouldn't make
any additional request to keycloak server. While your application
started adapter retrieves all required settings from keycloak (pubkeys,
authorization settings etc.) and then on every request it just verify
signature of AccessToken (which is JWT), and timestamps of token
issuring, so your application could be confident that AT comes from
proper keycloak instance and it isn't obsolete. Proof of that assumtion
is that if you ask keycloak to generate keycloak.json for you
bearer-only client it wouldn't put clientSecret to keycloak.json, so it
excludes any secure communication between your client and keycloak.

Also thats why AT must have small TTL, because if AT has long TTL and
user signs out, this AT would be still valid for your backend
bearer-only application.