[keycloak-user] Behavior of Keycloak when performing an upgrade.

Reed Lewis RLewis at carbonite.com
Wed Apr 19 13:38:31 EDT 2017

We are planning on implementing Keycloak with a very large dataset of users (in excess of 5 to 10 million).    We are going to have a single SQL datastore running in Azure, with multiple keycloak servers pointing to that single datastore.   The question that is being asked is what happens when we wish to upgrade keycloak from version xx to version yy (whatever the versions are I do not know).   The questions are:

1.       If the schema changes does Keycloak automatically handle that?

2.       If there is schema changes, how long will that process take?

3.       If there is no schema change can I shut down everything but one server, then shutdown the last one and start immediately a new one with the new software version?

So bottom line:  What is the upgrade path for Keycloak for major version to major version or minor to minor or whatever?

Reed
This message is the property of CARBONITE, INC. and may contain confidential or privileged information.
If this message has been delivered to you by mistake, then do not copy or deliver this message to anyone.  Instead, destroy it and notify me by reply e-mail