[keycloak-user] Why use keycloak-nodejs-connect instead of general OID client?

Sebastien Blanc sblanc at redhat.com
Sat Apr 22 03:32:28 EDT 2017

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Alex Berg <chexxor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install the keycloak-nodejs-connect middleware into my app.
> It isn't working well, so of course I'm thinking of trying a different
> openid-connect client library.

What doesn't work well ? Have you opened tickets for this ?

> What does the keycloak-nodejs-connect library do that other openid-connect
> client libraries doesn't do? It looks like one unique thing is that it
> listens for a logout request to be sent from the keycloak admin console,
> but I'm not sure as docs don't exist.

It also handles the admin backend channel for revocation, it handles public
key rotation retrieval, role-based authorization. This is documented in the
docs that exists
https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/documentation/content/securing_apps/topics/oidc/nodejs-adapter.html