[keycloak-user] Angular2 app (js adapter) https proxy problem

Anders KK anders.kabell.kristensen at systematic.com
Fri Apr 28 07:05:21 EDT 2017

Hi guys,
We have a problem related to our network setup, proxying and https.

*Our development setup*

Deployed in a docker container:
Keycloak server on address http://192.168.99.100:8180
Resource server on address http://192.168.99.100:8080

Angular2 app on local address https://127.0.0.1 running behind reverse proxy

Hosts file mapping from saml.example.com to 127.0.0.1

We are utilizing the javascript adapter provided by keycloak and the auth
URL is set to https://saml.example.com/auth

The proxy will propagate requests on /auth to http://192.168.99.100:8180

*The problem*

Calling the js adapter init function takes us to:
https://saml.example.com/auth/realms/myrealm/protocol/openid-connect/auth...

however, after typing in the credentials the browser tries to access the
following URL which is not understood by the proxy (http rather then https):
http://saml.example.com/auth/realms/myrealm/login-actions/authenticate...

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Ulrik and Anders