[keycloak-user] Possible bug in GroupModel implementations

Ilya Korol llivezking at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 04:34:05 EDT 2017

Hi. i'm working on some extensions for keycloak for our team purposes.
Today i note that some instance of GroupModel(retrieved from keycloak)
returned for me null from method getAttribute(String attrName). But
javadoc from GroupModel states that this method never return null:

     /**
      * @param name
      * @return list of all attribute values or empty list if there are
not any values. Never return null
      */
     List<String> getAttribute(String name);

I checked implementations in keycloak-parent and found this in
org.keycloak.models.cache.infinispan.GroupAdapter:

     @Override
     public List<String> getAttribute(String name) {
         List<String> values = cached.getAttributes().get(name);
         if (values == null) return null; <---- Attention
         return values;
     }

Is it bug?