[keycloak-user] Clean Install with MySQL - Keycloak restarts itself due to liquibase errors - Docker Swarm environment

James Green james.mk.green at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 07:01:46 EDT 2017

Looks like a timeout causes an initial crash then the liquibase crashes
begin:

https://gist.github.com/jmkgreen/4a474f1b97d8cbea5bf77a6f475ec78c

Unsure what is actually happening that gets timed out though - there is
mention of an http interface but is that a repercussion of something deeper?

Thanks,

James

On 3 August 2017 at 11:01, Marko Strukelj <mstrukel at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hmm, grasping for straws I would try a previous version of Keycloak to
> rule out the possibility of a regression, then I would try with a different
> version of MySql, then I would try locally running instance of Keycloak
> against containerised MySql ...
>
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Marko Strukelj <mstrukel at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There's your error in line 237 of the first log:
>> 08:53:26,263 ERROR [org.keycloak.connections.jpa.
>> updater.liquibase.conn.DefaultLiquibaseConnectionProvider]
>> (ServerService Thread Pool -- 52) Change Set META-INF/
>> jpa-changelog-1.7.0.xml::1.7.0::bburke at redhat.com failed. Error: Table
>> 'KEYCLOAK_GROUP' already exists [Failed SQL: CREATE TABLE
>> keycloak.KEYCLOAK_GROUP (ID VARCHAR(36) NOT NULL, NAME VARCHAR(255) NULL,
>> PARENT_GROUP VARCHAR(36) NULL, REALM_ID VARCHAR(36) NULL)]:
>> liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Table 'KEYCLOAK_GROUP' already
>> exists [Failed SQL: CREATE TABLE keycloak.KEYCLOAK_GROUP (ID VARCHAR(36)
>> NOT NULL, NAME VARCHAR(255) NULL, PARENT_GROUP VARCHAR(36) NULL, REALM_ID
>> VARCHAR(36) NULL)]
>>
>> The question now is why that table exists already if you started with an
>> empty database.
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 11:22 AM, James Green <james.mk.green at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Unsure what I'm doing wrong here. Circumstance: we've spotted KeyCloak,
>>> have reason to be interested, so are deploying an instance into our test
>>> environment which happens to be Docker Swarm.
>>>
>>> Problem: The KeyCloak service is being restarted by Docker, presumably
>>> due
>>> to a crash. The logs indicate it gets so far within a liquibase script
>>> then
>>> fails.
>>>
>>> Here's the docker-compose.yml file that we are using for deployment
>>> purposes:
>>>
>>> https://gist.github.com/jmkgreen/b79f95c3eca2eac3fb66c66d12017f07
>>>
>>> Here's the log from MySQL:
>>>
>>> https://gist.github.com/jmkgreen/75b99fe98cf1d16a99895e78dae47cce
>>>
>>> Here's an initial log from KeyCloak:
>>>
>>> https://gist.github.com/jmkgreen/96285800949b5c4f62c31caa3eba27ef
>>>
>>> Here's an further log from KeyCloak once Docker has decided it needed to
>>> be
>>> restarted:
>>>
>>> https://gist.github.com/jmkgreen/2051ab14e470d1d46dabcfdd519d5c42
>>>
>>> As you can see, the MySQL server starts and is configured due to there
>>> being no data already present. All looks good. KeyCloak eventually gets
>>> connected to MySQL and begins using Liquibase to roll through transitions
>>> but crashes (how?) and thus the container overall crashes forcing Docker
>>> restart, which merely happens over and over.
>>>
>>> FWIW I earlier created a StackOverflow post which has us at a _different_
>>> liquibase change but also failing:
>>>
>>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45466482/keycloak-will-n
>>> ot-start-due-to-liquibase-changelog-error?noredirect=1#comme