[keycloak-user] Missing client_id query param on social broker link

Miloud Belarbi miloud.belarbi at essencedigital.com
Fri Aug 4 12:22:53 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm having trouble successfully connecting an identity provider (google)
with keycloak to supply login to saml clients of keycloak.

I have created a realm '*universe'* and created two clients in that realm.
One with saml as the client protocol called *'samlclient'* and the other
with openid-connect as the client protocol called *'openclient'*. I am able
to login to both the client using a user created on the *universe* realm.
no problem so far.

I now add a google social identity provider following the guide here:
http://www.keycloak.org/docs/2.5/server_admin/topics/identity-broker/social/google.html

I am able to login to *openclient* using both keycloak login and google
login.
I am able to still login to *samlclient* using keycloak login, but NOT
using google social login

I've attached an image to demonstrate what i mean.

*on the openclient:*
The red google button has the following
link: {root}/auth/realms/universe/broker/google/login?*client_id=openclient*
&code=xyz

*on the samclient:*
The red google button has the following link:
{root}/auth/realms/universe/broker/google/login?code=yxz

The difference between the two is that keycloak doesn't put the client_id
query param to call the broker for *samlclient* but does so for the
*openclient*.

I did inspect on my chrome browser and modified the link and added the
query param *&client_id=samlclient *and it worked fine. Can someone help me
identify why my saml client doesn't inject that query param in the broker
url link?
How can i fix this?

Kind regards.

Miloud