[keycloak-user] Disable Sticky Sessions?

Tomas Groth Christensen tgc at dma.dk
Wed Aug 9 04:13:18 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am using keycloak as a broker where the user in a browser can choose
which identity provider to use for authentication and this works just
fine.

We have also set up a "headless flow" where an application using the
kc_idp_hint can preselect a special identity provider which can
authenticate the user (with a special authenticator) without user
interaction. This used to work fine, but with Keycloak 3.2.x this
breaks, since now Keycloak requires cookies to be enabled. As far as I
can tell this is because the AUTH_SESSION_ID cookie used for "Sticky
sessions" is now a hard requirement.

Is there a way to disable this hard requirement on cookies?

I know that enabling cookies will fix this for the application, but my
problem is that there is multiple implementation of this application,
and I don't control any of them.

Best regards,
Tomas