[keycloak-user] KeyCloak 3.1.0 on OpenShift randomly unresponsive

Hynek Mlnarik hmlnarik at redhat.com
Wed Aug 9 09:45:24 EDT 2017

I assume the protocol for accessing ADFS is SAML, is that correct? Can
anything relevant be found in ADFS Event log? Is the Keycloak source
trusted? What is content of the ADFS messages? If that is SAML status
response with error code, what is the error code? You can view the
content of SAML messages either in browser (if fronchannel is used) or
by raising debug level in keycloak [1]. Is the certificate KeyInfo set
correctly to CERT_SUBJECT?

[1] Troubleshooting section of
http://blog.keycloak.org/2017/03/how-to-setup-ms-ad-fs-30-as-brokered.html

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Anton Arntz
<Anton.Arntz at planonsoftware.com> wrote:
> Correct, the first step is a redirect from KeyCloak to the ADFS server to authenticate the user.
> This initial redirect happens only once.
> After that we see more than 1000 requests hitting our KeyCloak URL with a redirect from that ADFS server and redirecting back to the ADFS server.
> I mean like this:
> KeyCloak -> ADFS
> ADFS -> KeyCloak
> KeyCloak -> ADFS
> ADFS -> KeyCloak
> KeyCloak -> ADFS
> ADFS -> KeyCloak
> We reached out to our customer to check if one of their users has a different cookie configuration in his/her browser.
> Best way forward seems to be to locate the storm generator first.

--Hynek