[keycloak-user] Keycloak evaluation

Gaétan Collaud gaetancollaud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 08:20:18 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm new to keycloak but I started developing some custom "extensions" so I
may be able to answer you.

1. I don't think this is out of the box, but you can develop a custom
"Authenticator" to login using a token and include it in email. I've done
it for our company (the token part, not the email).

2. I don't thing the goal of keycloak is to send communications to users,
so it may not be the best solution. I think it's best to export the users
to a mailing list system. If you really want to use keycloak you cant can
develop your own API and use the provider EmailTemplateProvider.class to
send emails. It's also easy to get the list of users using the
UserStorageProvider.

Hope it can help

Best regards,

Gaétan