[keycloak-user] Avoiding creating a new session when doing a prompt=login

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 12:24:17 EDT 2017

Hi

I have a use case where I need to prompt a user to enter credentials during
a sequence of events.  In this case, we're using keycloak's login screen to
capture the information and triggering it via the javascript adapter.
Doing a prompt=login has an unfortunate side effect that the existing
session gets rewritten.  This causes the adapter to begin failing, the
refresh token and access token are no longer valid.  It seems that there's
no way to reinitialize the iframe after this occurs, and I'm not sure
that's the best way to do it.

Is there any way to have keycloak not create a new session in this flow?

John