[keycloak-user] Adding user attributes at the time of self registration

Akshat Jiwan Sharma akshatjiwan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 02:08:33 EDT 2017

Hi All,

Thank you for creating keycloak! As I understand keycloak has a facility to
allow for self registration of users. In addition using the admin panel you
can also add additional attributes for a user. I wanted to know if it's
possible to add custom user attributes at the time of registration? Maybe
by supplying additional fields during registration process or by making api
calls at the time of successful registration redirect? If not is it
possible for the user to log into key cloak server and specify additional
fields themselves?

I'm looking for a way in which I can add custom data to a user without any
manual intervention as an admin. What would be the best way to do that?

Thanks,
Akshat