[keycloak-user] Re-2: Group Policy - Claim?

christian lutz christianlutz at inovel.de
Wed Aug 30 09:16:02 EDT 2017

Hello Pedro,

thank you for your feedback. Please don't be sorry about the documentation. I really appreciate all the work. And I think keycloak is really great. :)

This was the missing piece of how to create a claim and how it works.

May I ask why it is necessary to add this information into the token? If you have the user identity it would be possible to query the corresponding roles within keycloak.

best regards
Christian

Original Message processed by David®
Re: [keycloak-user] Group Policy - Claim? 30. August 2017, 14:28
From Pedro Igor Silva
To christian lutz
Cc keycloak-user

Hi Christian,

Sorry about docs. I did not manage to finish everything before latest release. Will push this and so other things soon.

In regard your questions about Group Policy.

Yes, you are basically defining a condition where User X must be a member of Group /A/B/C.

The point here is that Authorization Services basically relies on the information within the bearer token you sent when asking for permissions. That is why you need to specify a "Groups Claim". This tells to the policy from where groups should be obtained in the token.

Note that when using Group Policy, you also need to add a "Mapper" to your resource server in order to push group membership information into tokens. There you also specify the name of claim where groups will be located.

Regards.
Pedro Igor