[keycloak-user] 1 realm multiple ldap providers with username collisions

Wim Vandenhaute wim.vandenhaute at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 10:34:45 EDT 2017

Hello list,

What would be the advisable way of handling following use case:

1 application authn using keycloak with a realm with > 1 ldap configurations
But in 2 or more of those ldap's there are equal usernames.
How can we for user1 make sure ldap1 is used and for user2 ldap2?

I.e. for example where we could provide a login form with the
username/password but with an additional dropdown that has the configured
ldap providers in it.

What would be the advisable way of handling such a situation?
Is there any support for this that I am missing?
Would having 2 realms be the only way to handle this right now?

p.s.
We are developing against keycloak 2.5.5 at the moment

Kind regards,
Wim.