[keycloak-user] Is there "client initiated account UN-linking"?

Jarrod D jarrod42maps at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 16:53:36 EST 2017

Hi Keycloak community,

Is there a way for client applications to request that Keycloak unlink a
specified external ID provider from a user, basically the inverse operation
of client initiated account linking?

I currently have a working Keycloak server and an application in
development that uses Keycloak for authentication. Keycloak is configured
for linking of Google or Facebook accounts with token storage turned on.
The application I'm developing can successfully do "client initiated
account linking" (documented at
http://www.keycloak.org/docs/3.4/server_development/index.html#client-initiated-account-linking)
but I haven't found a way for the client to unlink an external IDP. I know
unlinking is possible from Keycloak's account management screen ->
Federated Identity -> "remove" button, but it would useful in my case to do
this from the client application.

Regards,
Jarrod