[keycloak-user] "Test connection" in Realm Settings/Email fails

Michael Kefeder mike at multiwave.ch
Mon Dec 11 11:30:20 EST 2017

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your quick feedback. The admin-user in the master realm that
I am logged on as, has a valid email address, yes. While checking this I
configured the demo realm, I still have it from following the keycloak
documentation, with the same smtp settings I have in my Multiwave and
master, and tried: In the demo realm sending emails (eg verify email)
works...

Visually there is no difference between the smtp configs, so I looked at
the DB table realm_smtp_config, for the Multiwave and master realm there
is an empty entry for "replyTo", which causes the problem. Don't know
how that made it in there, I guess me playing around with the
Test-connection button created that entry.

Anyways, deleting the entry from the database AND reloading keycloak
fixed the sending emails issue.

The test-connection button does not work in any realm.

I am now off to write bug reports.