[keycloak-user] Keycloak 3.4.0.Final - Can't secure an EAR

Nicolas DUMINIL nicolas.duminil at simplex-software.fr
Tue Dec 19 11:26:22 EST 2017

Hello,

I'm using Keycloak 3.4.0.Final.

I have an EAR containing a WAR. The WAR contains REST services that I need
to secure. The Wildfly config is as follows:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:keycloak:1.1">
<secure-deployment
name="customer-management.ear.customer-management-rest.war">
<realm>demo</realm>
<auth-server-url> <http://localhost:18080/auth>
http://localhost:18080/auth</auth-server-url>
<public-client>true</public-client>
<ssl-required>EXTERNAL</ssl-required>
<resource>customer-client</resource>
</secure-deployment>
</subsystem>
The notation I used for the <secure-deployment> element is
ear-name.ear.war-name.war. But it doesn't seem to work. It raises the
following exception:

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException:
WarMetaData not found for customer-management.ear. Make sure you have
specified a WAR as your secure-deployment in the Keycloak subsystem."},

I found this syntax by googling for solutions but it's probably wrong.
Please notice that I cannot used the JSON syntax.

Kind regards,

Nicolas DUMINIL