[keycloak-user] Add local user instead of federated user

andrew dwyer andrewrdwyer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:47:54 EST 2017

Hi,

I’m wondering if there is a way to add a local user to a realm with an
existing LDAP User Federation link. At the moment when I attempt to add a
user via the web admin console Keycloak thinks I want to add the user to
LDAP and fails with the error “Registration is not supported by this ldap
server”.

This is to support the small percentage of our users who aren’t in our
corporate LDAP directory. My fall back solution may be to write a simple
alternative provider or set up an LDAP server under our control to add to
the provider list. https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-developer-guide/
content/topics/user-storage/simple-example.html

Thanks

Andrew Dwyer