[keycloak-user] Client setup recommandation

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 06:15:05 EST 2017

Offline tokens should really only be used when it's possible to securely
store the token. Web applications and locale storage are not the most
secure. I would certainly consider carefully what scope you provide in the
token to make sure it's not used for sensitive operations.

It also means that users would have to logout separately from the web app.
It's no longer covered by things like remember me, remote logout, etc..
You're providing a permanent "login" to a web app, which then a user has to
know to separately logout.

Devil is in the details though. For some web apps it may make sense, but
I'd be careful before going down that path.