[keycloak-user] Exposing keycloak to clients or hide it

Istvan Orban istvan.orban at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:40:39 EST 2017

Hi Everyone,

I have set-up keycloak locally and I like it a lot. I generally like to
hide implementation detail from related services so that they can be
decoupled.
I know keycloak have libs for plenty of different frameworks etc, although
I am thinking about setting it up using Apache and mod_auth_openidc
The advantage is that our software will have openid connect as a dependency
rather than keycloak. I would like to ask you what I am missing out with
such a setup?
Are there any major features I am loosing by not using keycloak specific
clients libs to connect my appllications to keycloak directly?

Thanks for any insights !

Istvan