[keycloak-user] Using a service account for an app

Juan Diego juandiego83 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:03:47 EST 2017

Hi,

Sorry I am a little bit confused on how to use a service account.  And if I
am doing this correctly.
I was reading this
https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-adminstration-guide/content/topics/clients/oidc/service-accounts.html

So at the moment I have a java rest api backend that is set as an access
type bearer-only, a front end in angular 1.5 that is a public access type.
And they work ok with keycloak.

So I am creating a third app (it is not web), in java.
I want this app to be able to access my rest services without logging in or
creating public services.

So for what I understand I should create client of type confidential, and
allow services accounts.
So here is the part that I am a kind of lost.  I only have one role called
users, that I was using on my backend and front end.
Should I create a new role for my app, and should I add this role on my
backend?

Thanks