[keycloak-user] Can we distinguish between 'new account' and 'password reset' in the emails?

Kevin Thorpe kevin.thorpe at p-i.net
Tue Feb 14 07:10:46 EST 2017

Hi, not sure if this is possible or if it's a feature request.

When we add a new user to our Keycloak database we set them up and send a
'reset action email'. This is to comply with our policies that we never
send passwords via e-mail. Is there any way in the email template to detect
if this is a new user or a true password reset? Maybe by checking if
they've never logged in. We would like the e-mail to read differently to
welcome them as a new user,

On a slightly different point can we define the redirect location after a
password reset? The reset as it is now works but leaves the user on the
Keycloak site, not the site they were expecting to gain access to.

Kevin Thorpe

*VP Enterprise Platform*
w: www.p-i.net
p: *+44 (0)20 3005 6750 <+44%2020%203005%206750>*
a: 7th Floor, 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0AU

  <https://twitter.com/pidataanalytics>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/piltd>

prohibited