[keycloak-user] Special Characters & Direct Access Grant Authentication

Stefan Schlesinger sts at ono.at
Tue Feb 14 12:19:16 EST 2017

Hi,

short question. When trying to login a user via the Direct Access Grant API, it looks like the password is not accepted in case it contains special characters.

Anyone knows what format the special characters in passwords need to be supplied in?

This is how my post request looks like, the password contains a “, which is correctly encoded as %22.

> POST https://auth.example.com/auth/realms/master/protocol/openid-connect/token
> Accept-Encoding: gzip, x-gzip, deflate, x-bzip2
>
> scope=openid&username=example_user&password=asdf%22&totp=123456&grant_type=password&client_id=auth.example.com&client_secret=secret

Running keycloak 2.5.1.

Best, Stefan.