[keycloak-user] Re Rest API for authentication

harish jadhav harishjadhav1979 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 04:12:31 EST 2017

Team,
Please help me out on this.
ThanksHarish

    On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:32 PM, harish jadhav <harishjadhav1979 at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Team,
Kindly advice on this.
ThanksHarish

    On Monday, February 13, 2017 6:03 PM, harish jadhav <harishjadhav1979 at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Hello Team,
I have one web application which will be hosted in cloud. I am planning to use keycloak for only authentication purpose and keycloak will be running in on-premise customer location.
My plan is to -

1. Import the users to my application through my own import mechanism and later push it to Keycloak over Rest API
2. Present a custom login page in my application which ask username/password and pass it to Keycloak for authentication over Rest API
3. Authentication can be through LDAP or SAML IDP ADFS4. Get the token and use it for accessing the service based on authorization

I have some restriction on not to use keycloak login page so cannot use redirection to keycloak login page.

Please let me know whether it works out and also give some pointer on Rest API on SAML. My requirement is that I need to authenticate the user either through LDAP, SAML providers. I know some basic auth using Rest but not getting idea on SAML.

ThanksHarish