[keycloak-user] HTTP error - 400 Bad Request - create realm CLI

Colin Coleman cco at capraconsulting.no
Wed Feb 15 06:04:34 EST 2017

The –x trick gave me enough info to find this…

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1268

And even if the workarounds work it looks like keycloak was not designed and is not tested for the sort of multi-tenant setup I was trying to do.

The jdbc driver version was a red herring – everything is the latest version

Using the CLI with –x I got the following

HTTP error - 400 Bad Request

org.keycloak.client.admin.cli.util.HttpResponseException: HTTP error - 400 Bad Request

                at org.keycloak.client.admin.cli.util.HeadersBodyStatus.checkSuccess(HeadersBodyStatus.java:61)

                at org.keycloak.client.admin.cli.util.HttpUtil.checkSuccess(HttpUtil.java:329)

                at org.keycloak.client.admin.cli.commands.AbstractRequestCmd.process(AbstractRequestCmd.java:363)

                at org.keycloak.client.admin.cli.commands.AbstractRequestCmd.execute(AbstractRequestCmd.java:126)

                at org.jboss.aesh.console.command.container.DefaultCommandContainer.executeCommand(DefaultCommandContainer.java:63)

                at org.jboss.aesh.console.command.container.DefaultCommandContainer.executeCommand(DefaultCommandContainer.java:48)

                at org.keycloak.client.admin.cli.aesh.AeshConsoleCallbackImpl.execute(AeshConsoleCallbackImpl.java:54)

                at org.jboss.aesh.console.AeshProcess.run(AeshProcess.java:53)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: <html>

<center><h1>400 Bad Request</h1></center>

<center>Request Header Or Cookie Too Large</center>

Colin