[keycloak-user] JAX-RS Backend Service + Angular 2 Front-End + Role Authorization

Gustavo Alvarez gaalvarez0910 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:03:58 EST 2017

Hello everyone.

I am developing a web application with Angular 2 on the front end, and
jax-rs services on the backend, I also need authorization with user roles
but I have the following problems:

1. The recommendation in the documentation is to establish the angular
customer as public, which means that the authorization can not go here.
2. If the backend is set as the confidential customer, the service can not
be consumed from angular 2 with the barer symbol.
3. If the backend is configured as a barer only client, the roles are not
validated on the authorization defined in keycloak.

Can you help me find a better configuration for this environment?

Thank you all.

Gaalvarez.