[keycloak-user] Possible bug when trying to modifying custom storage provider configuraiton?

Jared Blashka jblashka at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 10:55:01 EST 2017

I'm not sure if this is an issue with my implementation of
UserStorageProvider, but I'm running into an issue when trying to edit
blank fields in the provider configuration after initial creation.

If I create a new instance of my provider and define values for all of the
configuration properties there's no issue. But if I leave some of the
configuration properties blank, save my configuration, and then try to
supply values for those properties later the form submission errors. It
looks like the entirely new values in the update get submitted as a JSON
object but any modified value gets submitted as a String array.

I tried replicating this behavior with the provided ldap provider but it
doesn't happen there. Empty input boxes are still present in
$scope.instance.config as an empty String array. But when working with my
custom provider empty input boxes aren't present in $scope.instance.config
at all after the initial provider creation.

I'm also not sure how to mark any of my properties as required. I see that
the ldap provider has required fields but it looks like this was hard-coded
into the HTML form rather than set in the provider configuration. Is that
correct?

I'm using the lastest code on the 2.5.x branch, it's 2.5.4.Final-SNAPSHOT
currently.

Thanks