[keycloak-user] Restrict access to a client to a subset of Keycloak users

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 08:07:04 EST 2017

I can think of some workarounds. Like for example, create an
Authenticator, which will be added to the bottom of the authentication
flow. Authenticator will throw an exception in case that unpermitted
user is trying to authenticate to the client corresponding to your
openshift application. You have the user available (he is already
authenticated) and you have also the client (can be determined based on
clientId).

Maybe even easier is to do that in custom RequiredActionProvider and do
this check in "evaluateTriggers".

This is workaround as it mixes authentication and authorization (among
other issues). But hopefully it can suit your needs.

Marek