[keycloak-user] Recommended approach to "Passing thru Custom URL parameters" on AUTH

Jose Fajardo jose.fajardo.iii at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 19:32:43 EST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to find the best approach to passing thru custom url parameters
from our application to keycloak and for use in the keycloak freemarker
templates (login/otp etc)

>From our web application we create the "/auth" url  eg.

http://localhost:8080/auth/realms/lobby/protocol/openid-connect/auth?client_id=lobby-app&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A5000%2Fsignin-oidc&response_type=code&scope=openid%20profile&response_mode=form_post&nonce=636237436277062376.ZmM2NGVhNWEtOGVhMC00NmRiLWJmZjktNTZkZjM5ODViM2JhZDg3YTU4ZGUtODEzYS00MDVlLTlmZjktMmFiODQxZGU2M2Ux&prompt=login&session_state=lite%5E&custom_param=xxxxxx&login_hint=user@test.com&state=asdfaeasdfasd-adsfadsf

This then successfully loads the login page within Keycloak BUT the
"session_state" and "custom_param" params are lost and not available for
use in the freemarker templates..

Whats the best approach to expose these custom params to
login.ftl/loginOTP.ftl etc ?