[keycloak-user] Some questions about user authentication with external IDP

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Mon Jan 2 09:38:17 EST 2017

We've been wanting to add something along those lines out of the box, but
haven't had the time to work on it. We didn't consider the addition of
asking users to create an account if the username was not there, but that
would be a nice option. We where also thinking about doing the redirect to
IdP based on email domain rather than a list of usernames. I.e. all @
mycorp.com gets redirected to sso.mycorp.com. Both options would be nice
though.

It's a fair bit of work though as we need to have an option on a realm to
have a "username first" option. Then it has impacts on the default
authentication flows as we may need to different flows out of the box.

You could consider contributing this or you could develop your own custom
authentication flow that does it for you exactly how you want it.