[keycloak-user] Reset OTP

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 03:17:56 EST 2017

We plan to introduce support to have more than one second factor mechanism
associated with an account [1]. This will allow having a primary device as
well as the option to select a backup device.

With the addition of different types of second factor mechanisms like SMS
[2] or backup codes users have a way to authenticate with alternative
mechanisms.

Once this is added there is strictly no need to enable reset OTP via email
and users should have backup mechanisms configured and/or contact admins.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1522
[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-241