[keycloak-user] Hot deployment of service providers in Keycloak 2.5.0 final

Matuszak, Eduard eduard.matuszak at worldline.com
Wed Jan 11 04:07:22 EST 2017

Hello

I am trying to understand and implement the new concept of deploying service providers, but I fail at several points.

What is meant by the "Keycloak deploy/ directory" mentioned in the documentation?

When trying the user-storage-simple example it was possible to hot deploy the jar-file in wildfly's standalone/deployment-dir, but the event-listener-sysout sample fails by class-loading problem ("java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link org/keycloak/examples/providers/events/SysoutEventListenerProviderFactory").

So perhaps not all SPI's do provide the new deployment concept?

There is also a mismatch, I think, between the deploy-description in the Readme.md of the event-listener-sysout example (describing the "old" way to deploy) and the documentation in https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-developer-guide/content/topics/providers.html#providers (recommending Keycloak deployer utilizing the enigmatic "Keycloak deploy/ directory").

I was working on Kecloak 2.5.0 Final.

Thanks in advatage for some clarifications.

Eduard Matuszak