[keycloak-user] Hot deployment of service providers in Keycloak 2.5.0 final

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 01:18:29 EST 2017

On 11 January 2017 at 10:07, Matuszak, Eduard <eduard.matuszak at worldline.com
> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am trying to understand and implement the new concept of deploying
> service providers, but I fail at several points.
>
> What is meant by the "Keycloak deploy/ directory" mentioned in the
> documentation?
>
> When trying the user-storage-simple example it was possible to hot deploy
> the jar-file in wildfly's standalone/deployment-dir, but the
> event-listener-sysout sample fails by class-loading problem ("java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> Failed to link org/keycloak/examples/providers/events/
> SysoutEventListenerProviderFactory").

There's only one deploy directory ;)

> So perhaps not all SPI's do provide the new deployment concept?
>
> There is also a mismatch, I think, between the deploy-description in the
> Readme.md of the event-listener-sysout example (describing the "old" way to
> deploy) and the documentation in https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/
> server-developer-guide/content/topics/providers.html#providers
> (recommending Keycloak deployer utilizing the enigmatic "Keycloak deploy/
> directory").

Only user storage example has been checked with the new hot deploy method.

I'm pretty sure the issue is that the other SPIs (event listener included)
is in server-spi-private. You'll probably just need to add a
jboss-module-structure.xml with a dependencies on that module and it should
work.