[keycloak-user] Access token appears to be valid even though session has expired in the background

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 02:40:24 EST 2017

I'd say that's a bug and the access token timeout should take into account
the SSO session max. I wouldn't say it's a high priority though. Access
token timeout is typically minutes while SSO session max is usually
hours/days. Further, there's many other situations where an access token is
not strictly valid even though you can still use it (user/admin remotely
logs out, user is disabled, etc..). If you really really need to be
absolutely sure that an access token times out then reduce it's lifespan
and/or consider invoking the token introspection endpoint to verify it.