[keycloak-user] Anyone using nginx-jwt proxy instead of Keycloak Proxy?

Guy Davis guydavis.ca at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:33:06 EST 2017

Good day,

I am looking to secure legacy web services behind a security proxy.  Our
current services are reversed proxied by Nginx out front.  I've been able
to put the Keycloak Proxy
<https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-installation-and-configuration/content/topics/proxy.html>
in front of Nginx to add security, however our architects are asking if we
can use the nginx-jwt <https://github.com/auth0/nginx-jwt> module in Nginx
to replace the redirection feature of Keycloak Proxy.  Their goal is to
have only one proxy (Nginx) out front, not a chain of two (Keycloak Proxy
to Nginx to backend services).

Anyone able to get this or another plugin module working?  Perhaps in
HAProxy instead of Nginx?

Thanks much,
Guy