[keycloak-user] web origins of clients and using wildcards

Christian Froehlich christian.froehlich at agfa.com
Thu Jan 26 03:31:23 EST 2017

Hi,

the tool tip of Web Origins at the client administration ui says: "...To
permit all origins add '*'.", but it doesn't work. It seems that wildcards
in web origins does not work at all. Using wildcards would be great in our
development sides where we often works with ips instead of real dns names.
So currently we have to add a set of web origins with the possible ips
like https://192.168.99.100, https://192.168.99.101,...
Is it a bug or just a wrong tool tip or am I completely wrong with my
assumption?

Regards Christian