[keycloak-user] user storage ldap or keycloak

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 14:14:36 EST 2017

Keycloak can handle responsibilities of a main user store and I would
recommend you do that.  The few customers that I've seen take your
approach struggled a bit with tuning LDAP to get it to perform well.
With Keycloak only store, there's just one less moving part you have to
worry about, tune, and debug.

The disadvantage is that you'll have to migrate from Keycloak DB to LDAP
or something if you ever want to ditch Keycloak.

Another option: using the User Storage SPI you do have the option to
retain your legacy user store.