[keycloak-user] change password page in my application

Ori Doolman Ori.Doolman at amdocs.com
Mon Jul 10 17:18:20 EDT 2017

Hi,

I want my application's users to be able to change their password.
My app is a web application using React/Node.JS.

I have 2 options to implement this having the end user interacts directly with Keycloak (so password will not go through my application):

1)      Customize the account theme (ftl) and use the /account endpoint. In this form the user will enter his old and new password interactively.

2)      Use the Keycloak admin REST API  from my application server (Node.JS) and make Keycloak send the user a mail with a link to reset the password:
PUT /admin/realms/{realm}/users/{id}/execute-actions-email
Once the user clicks the link, he will need to set the new password.

Which of the above is a preferred option ? Or is there any other option ?

Thanks,

Ori.

you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer <https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer>