[keycloak-user] KeyCloak Clustering and High Availability question

Reza Shams Amiri reza.shams at axis.com
Tue Jul 11 08:48:45 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am also evaluating KeyCloak for my organization. I have a question about how failover in KeyCloak works.
From what I understood from the documentation, it says that the application scalability is handled by wildfly clustering but with a shared database.
I couldn’t find a documentation about what we should do in case of database failure?
We want to have two different clustered nodes in two different continents for idp and we mainly have mysql databases. Clustering them is actually painful and done through rabbitMQ synced messages and in some custom ways. So how can we handle database failure in KeyCloak let’s say if the link between Sweden and USA is completely broken?

Thanks a lot
/Reza