[keycloak-user] Idle connections are not closed

Kir Merzlikin kirmerzlikin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 10:03:37 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I deploy Keycloak server app to Cloud Foundry and use ClearDB service as
relational database for Keycloak.

ClearDB has a restriction, that it closes all connections, that are idle for
90 seconds.
To not run into the situation, when Keycloak tries to use closed connection,
I've added following datasource configuration (based on  Pivotal
recommendations
<https://discuss.pivotal.io/hc/en-us/articles/230433268-Suggested-Configuration-for-Connection-Pools-using-ClearDb>
):

But even after applying this configuration I see in the ClearDB management
console that idle connections are closed only after 90 seconds and not after
60 seconds (1 minute) as it's specified with "idle-timeout-minutes"
parameter.

So, have anybody of you faced similar situation? Or maybe you have some
ideas why these idle connections are not being closed.

Thanks.