[keycloak-user] Idle connections are not closed

Кир Мерзликин kirmerzlikin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 01:07:05 EDT 2017

Hi Hynek,

Just did it  — for all "idle" connections the command is Sleep and the time
is increasing constantly (till 90 sec).

Regarding other changes - I don't think so. At first I only specified JDBC
URL and that was it. Then I started seeing errors in the log about the
connection being closed by server and impossibility of query execution.
Then I found Pivotal recommendations and  JBOSS documentation and added
pool, timeout and validation configs.
So now I don't see previous errors, but I see new ones - from connection
validator, that  connection is not valid and ping fails.
It's good, that idle connections are not used anymore but what I what I
want is to close idle connections on the client before they are closed by
the server.

I saw similar situation described on stackoverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28645435/database-connections-not-closed-after-idle-timeout-in-wildfly-datasource>,
but suggested solution didn't work for me, since I didn't know how to pass
custom hibernate property (-D option didn't help).

Thanks,

--
С уважением,
Мерзликин Кирилл