[keycloak-user] Is there a way to use an OIDC IdP without any backchannel communication involved (like SAML 2.0 Web Browser SSO with HTTP-Post Binding)

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Jul 27 07:00:19 EDT 2017

OIDC protocol has implicit flow and we support that in Keycloak. However
we don't support that for our Identity providers. I see that
AbstractOAuth2IdentityProvider.createAuthorizationUrl has hardcoded
"response_type" to "code" . So you would need to create your own impl of
Identity Provider and override that method. Probably some other methods
would need to be overriden too (eg. for logout).

I would rather try to setup SSL and make Keycloak servers communicate
with each other . We have truststore SPI, which is documented and
hopefully can simplify it.

Marek