[keycloak-user] Importing Realms with Fixed keys

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 23:09:40 EDT 2017

Hi,

I recently found out about the ability to import a realm on start up,
using keycloak.import.  This works well, however I'm trying to use it to
fully automate a build end to end.

One of the hiccups I'm running into is that it seems I need to know about
the realm-public-key attribute.  When I don't set this, I get 401's.  When
I do set it and everything lines up, I'm able to authenticate
successfully.  The problem is that I can't seem to set the public
key/private key, they can only be generated.  This doesn't work if I'm
relying on a keycloak.json file.

So I guess first, why is realm-public-key required?  If it is required, is
there a way to import a realm with the key already set?  The
publicKey/privateKey attributes seem to be ignored in Keycloak 3.2.

John