[keycloak-user] Implementing Keycloak on Android

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 07:53:15 EDT 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Raquel Júdez Bello <raqueljudezb at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am having trouble finding libraries to implement a Keycloak client for
> Android.
> So far, I have found AppAuth and Androgear in keycloak.org, but I am not
> convinced about their simplicity.
>
> Has anyone implemented a simple client for Android?

How simple are we talking?

KeyCloak is "basically" OAuth2 so any OAuth2 library on Android should work
for authentication and authorization.  If your use case is further than
than we can work from there.

As an example with AeroGear : http://bit.ly/2rX4z4o

`AuthorizationManager.config` sets up the OAuth 2 session.
 `PipeManage.config` connects your authorization to a RESTful API.
 'authzModule.requestAccess' starts the sign in, and then you can use the
Pipe methods and AeroGear handles the rest.*

*Where the rest is key exchange, refresh tokens, object serialization, etc.