[keycloak-user] How to store "UserPassword" in LDAP through Keycloak Admin Client?

Celso Agra celso.agra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 16:47:38 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Please, need some help! I'm trying to create an user through Keycloak Admin
Client.
So, When I add an user from Keycloak register page my LDAP stores a tag
called "userPassword" with the password stored.
But When I add an user from Keycloak Admin Client, all informations are
stored in LDAP, except "userPassword". Am I doing something wrong?

Here is my code below:

public Response createUserKeycloak(UserKeycloak userKeycloak) {
> CredentialRepresentation credential = new CredentialRepresentation();
> credential.setType(CredentialRepresentation.PASSWORD);
> credential.setValue(userKeycloak.getPassword());
> credential.setTemporary(false);

> UserRepresentation user = new UserRepresentation();
> user.setUsername(userKeycloak.getUsername());
> user.setFirstName(userKeycloak.getFirstName());
> user.setLastName(userKeycloak.getLastName());
> user.setEnabled(true);
> if (userKeycloak.getEmail() != null)
> user.setEmail(userKeycloak.getEmail());
> user.setCredentials(Arrays.asList(credential));
>

> RealmResource realmResource = keycloak.realm(realmProperties.getRealm());
> UsersResource userRessource = realmResource.users();
> return userRessource.create(user);
> }

Best Regards,

--