[keycloak-user] Browser tries to store the username "This is not a login form" after updating a temporary password

Gregoire Jeanmart Gregoire.Jeanmart at ai-london.com
Tue Jun 6 04:36:42 EDT 2017

OK Will do. Thanks.

Best regards

Gregoire Jeanmart

From: Sebastien Blanc [mailto:sblanc at redhat.com]
Sent: 06 June 2017 09:31
To: Gregoire Jeanmart <Gregoire.Jeanmart at ai-london.com>
Cc: Marek Posolda <mposolda at redhat.com>; keycloak-user at lists.jboss.org
Subject: Re: [keycloak-user] Browser tries to store the username "This is not a login form" after updating a temporary password

I can reproduce this, please open a JIRA.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Gregoire Jeanmart <Gregoire.Jeanmart at ai-london.com<mailto:Gregoire.Jeanmart at ai-london.com>> wrote:
Hello Marek,

Thank you for your response. I don't know if it's an environment issue.

I've actually tried on many browsers, 2 versions of Keycloak (2.4 and 3.1) installed on a Linux CentOS and Windows Server OS, even a fresh install and I still getting the issue.

Please find below the steps to reproduce the bug:
1. Update a user by adding "Update Password" as Required User Actions

2. Login with this user (in my case "test123"). When you click on submit, Keycloak should redirect to the Change Password screen

3. I enter the new password (twice) and click on submit
Screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/ueCxU
As you can see on the screenshot, the browser (both GoogleChrome or Firefox latest version) try to store "This is not a login form"

I found this in the Keycloak source code: [ https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/themes/src/main/resources/theme/base/login/login-update-password.ftl ]
<form id="kc-passwd-update-form" class="${properties.kcFormClass!}" action="${url.loginAction}" method="post">
            <input type="text" readonly value="this is not a login form" style="display: none;">
            <input type="password" readonly value="this is not a login form" style="display: none;">

                    <label for="password-new" class="${properties.kcLabelClass!}">${msg("passwordNew")}</label>
                    <input type="password" id="password-new" name="password-new" class="${properties.kcInputClass!}" autofocus autocomplete="off" />
         (...)

It looks like this code is interpreted by the browser and is being store in the Password vault.

I will considerer your suggestion and raise a JIRA issue.

Best regards,

Gregoire Jeanmart