[keycloak-user] Fwd: Login a Java Fat Client with Windows Kerberos Token agains Keycloak backed by AD?

Malte Finsterwalder inofi at gmx.net
Thu Jun 8 10:47:11 EDT 2017

Hi Marek,

thanks for the quick response.

Do you have an ID for the Jira bug? I couldn't find it.

I must say I'm completely new to Keycloak and Kerberos etc.

I noticed, that the keycloak-authz-client uses an http-client under the
hood. Do I understand correctly, that the server still recognizes this type
of client as something different and uses the "Direct Grant" Authentication
flow and not the "Browser" flow?

So I would have to create a new Authenticator SPI implementation, that is
then deployed on the Keycloak server and integrated into the "Direct
Grant"-Flow to integrate Kerberos Authentication into this flow?

And do I also have to program something into the client?

Would it also be feasible to access Keycloak like a browser instead? Since
then Keycloak already supports Kerberos SSO, as far as I know.
Or why is the Fat Client using a completely different flow in the first
place?

Greetings,
   Malte