[keycloak-user] "Verify Email" email isn't sent on initial login when using OIC

Alex Berg chexxor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:18:34 EDT 2017

I create a new user via the Admin REST API, then I immediately try to login
as that use via OpenID Connect protocol. I get a login error, saying
"invalid_grant" and "Account is not fully set up", which I expect, but
Keycloak doesn't perform the "Verify Email" required action.

If I login via the Keycloak-provided account login - "
http://localhost:8080/auth/realms/MyRealm/account/" - Keycloak *does* send
a "Verify Email" email with the appropriate email template.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?