[keycloak-user] Manage VerifyEmail outside Keycloak?

Alex Berg chexxor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 18:25:28 EDT 2017

Is anyone else managing email verification outside Keycloak? I'm
considering doing it, so I'd like past experience reports.

It seems like I could
- Create a user in Keycloak using the Admin REST API when a user registers
in my app's UI, then immediately craft a "verify email" email to send to
them with a key I craft and a link back to my app.
- My app later receives this key, gets the associated email ownership
claim, and updates the user's record in Keycloak to remove the "Verify
Email" required action and set the "Email Verified" field to true.

Should work, right?